The final section of the ‘101 Things To Do In Budapest’ is all about the hidden treasures! The city is full of quirky little stops and beautiful sights but this chapter is aimed at helping you get to know the city like a local!
1. Walk the 5k around Margaret Island on a sunny day
2. Attend the Palinka & Sausage festival!
3. See how many copper statues you can spot when walking around the city!
5. Visit all the museums with one ticket at the annual Night of The Museums
– open til 2.30am with 1,500 HUF admission – 21st June 2015
6. Take a bus to Aquaworld on the outskirts of Budapest – don’t forget to attend the SPLASH party
7. Spend a few days outside the city relaxing at Lake Balaton
8. Take a book to Erzsébet Square and fall asleep on one of the many benches facing the centre fountain
9. Dance Salsa at the Barrio Latino Salsa Club
10. Listen to Jazz at the Budapest Jazz Club
11. See the largest Time Wheel in the world(!) reset on New Year’s Eve
12. Spend a night in Piaf!
13. Kiss under the Chain Bridge on a dinner cruise
14. Try the Langos at the stall by Arany Janos metro station!
15. Try a shot each of Palinka & Unicum!
16. Take a selfie at the top of the towers of Szent István Bazilika!
AND… if you’ve still got time at the end of the trip – make sure to come back here and let me know how your trip went in Budapest!! I absolutely LOVE this city (always have, always will) and all I want is to inspire others to experience it as much as I did!
Obviously, I had seven months, so if at the end of this series you think ah bugger it I’d rather not do anything and just see what happens… be my guest! Everyone I know gets a little something different from each place they visit so please use this series as a guide.
Lots of love, from myself AND Budapest…